Friday, July 23, 2010

From Doc Kinnison:
Below is for Lilly Hackworth:
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=668737&fh_id=11741&s_id=8923E6A1034F7EA6AEAF28C9F7B4D42A&sms_ss=email

From Michael Mayorga:
OK, folks, looks like the Spishocks are going to sponor another round of Last Chance/First Chance CCOs at their place again this year. Dates and info below. As in the past, bring your drinks and any side dishes will certainly be appreciated on the Saturday CCO.

Reserve the dates on your calendar; and let Dorothy know a week or two before the CCO if you’re planning on attending so she can get a headcount and plan according. See yas there. Janet Z always does a great gig.

Sept 30, 8pm turn in
Thursday night chili grind

Oct 1, 8pm turn-in
Friday night chili grind

Oct 2nd, 2pm turn-in
Saturday chili grind

Music by janet z
Rv parking-no hook ups. come stay,cook and enjoy the pool

Contacts: chuck spishock 281 802 7034 or dorothy 281 802 7034

From Jim Ezell:
LAST CALL FOR 2010

A NEW SPONSOR PROGRAM

Greetings CASI
As part of our continuing quest to improve program quality for CASI cooks, the Friends of CASI sponsors will band together to underwrite the cost of TICC awards. This group of sponsors will now be responsible for the cast metal TICC trophies, the TICC winner jackets, and a new award to be initiated this year: TICC winner chairs. These chairs will be embroidered with the place and category of the recipient and hopefully promote CASI and TICC to all who see them. In addition, all proceeds received over the cost of these items will be used toward a Friends of CASI Scholarship.

I am seeking additional participants for this group. Sponsor benefits will include:

Embroidered sponsor shirt
Recognition Plaque
Recognition on national CASI poster
Promotion on a special monthly page in the Terlingua Trails
Group photo with the TICC first place trophy
Introduction at GP meeting and all sponsor functions

Our goal is $12,000.00 annually. We are already over half way there and excited about the prospects. This group will be a support group for CASI and seek ways to recognize the winners. The cost to join is not prohibitive and you can see your dollars at work. You can join as a business, pod, individual, or group. This is a good and worthwhile opportunity.

Call or email me for details. I look forward to hearing from you.

JIM EZELL
Sponsor Chairman
Jezell8642@aol.com
214 392 3499 cell

NOTES:
The Terlingua Trails is Posted on CIS.  It looks really good!  Great job Dana.

If your information in CIS is not correct, please send me the updated information and I will update your record.  Many times we use this information to contact one of you only to find out that the phone numbers, email address, and home address are not correct.  This is specially important if you are the Great Pepper or the Regional Referee.

Remember:  Your annual report is due to me by COB 15 August.  This is also the deadline for submitting Nomination Applications for the CASI Board of Directors.  If you cannot find the email with this information, you can find it on our web page (http://www.chili.org/) in the Resource Center.  If you are planning on a presentation at the Great Pepper's Meeting, please send me your support material so that it can be included in the Great Pepper's Packet and so that I can post it and also send it to each Great Pepper so they can be prepared for this discussion and voting.  I need that information by COB August 25.  Thank you to those who have sent their information to me early.  It allows me to have it assembled with less last minute rush.

Just a personal note:  I have survived this last surgery which included taken bone from my hip and placing it on a wire and embedding it into my toe and foot.  I am not sure which hurts the worse.  My toe or my Hip.  I am getting stronger each day.  The stitches came out this week.  I have spent the last 2 days without taking any antibiotics.  This has not happened since February!  Thanks  to all of you for your patience, prayers, notes, etc to both of us.  We are not out of the woods yet, but it is better.  I am still very weak.  If all goes well and if my father stays stable, we plan to fly to MO next Thur and spend a week with Cliff's family.  I will still have email and cell phone service.  I will attempt to post the blog each day.  Those that have sent your annual report to me early are helping make this not such a stressful time.  Cliff certainly deserves this break.  He has been wonderful through out this entire ordeal with both my father and me.  THANKS Cliff - I love you!

There are lots of CCOs this weekend.  There surely is one in your neck of the woods.  I hope it isn't as hot where you are planning on cooking as it is here in West Texas.  Have a Great Chili Cooking Weekend.  Even if your are not cooking chili, try to stay cool and enjoy Summer.  It is fast coming to an end!  Happy Weekend!