Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From Darin Jester:
Indianapolis, IN – On Saturday, April 24, 2010 the 6th annual Three-I Regional Open Championship made its mark in the Indiana record books. 41 cooks made their way to Indianapolis, IN with one goal in mind. To claim the title of 2010 Three-I ROC Champion. Nine states were represented which made this year’s event a coast to coast represented CASI Regional Open Championship. The rain held off for most of the day with a down pour starting right as the results were being announced. Diane Fitzhenry from Wichita Falls, Texas was named Champion of the 2010 Three-I Open, and Mel Fitzhenry took the title of 1st Place Show. Not only taking the Three-I Champion title back to Texas, Diane also took the beautiful hand painted Wendell Rankin stove representing Indiana, Iowa, and Illinois. States represented this year were, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, Texas, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. Results were:

CASI Chili (37 chili’s judged)
1st Place – Diane Fitzhenry Wichita Falls, TX
2nd Place – Jack Windsor Severna, MD
3rd Place – Georgia Weller Rockton, IL
4th Place – Mel Fitzhenry Wichita Falls, TX
5th Place – Mike Usiak Chicago, IL
6th Place – Alex Tanalski Petaluma, CA
7th Place – Julie Netser Seymour, IN
8th Place – Dennis Lane Cedar Rapids, IA
9th Place – Jeff Netser Seymour, IN
10th Place – Roger Foltz Mesquite, TX

CASI Show
1st Place – Big Molar Chili -Mel Fitzhenry Wichita Falls, TX
2nd Place – Rapid Dispatch - Gary Christensen Cedar Rapids, IA
3rd Place – Lucky Chili - Natalie Atwood
Shelbyville, IN



Sunday, April 25, 2010 – Indiana Pepper Pod CCO

CASI Chili (30 chili’s judged)
1st Place – Jeff Netser, Seymour, IN
2nd Place – Virgil Johnson, Ottumwa, IA
3rd Place – Patrick Gustafson, Chicago, IL
4th Place – Jack Windsor, Severna, MD
5th Place – Jenny Windsor, Severna, MD
6th Place – Natalie Atwood, Shelbyville, IN
7th Place – Darin Jester, Indianapolis, IN
8th Place – Alex Tanalski, Petaluma, CA
9th Place – Bert Centers, Lisle, IL
10th Place – Rick Geiger, Midlothian, IL

CASI Show
- No Participants due to the Weather


On behalf of the Indiana Pepper Pod membership, and the Three-I ROC Committee we would like to thank everyone who traveled to Indiana, and cooked with us both days.

From Jim Ezell:
A Toast to Tony: Seven-course meal is four-star salute to chef fighting for his life

Tony Oliveria has been a great CASI supporter and won wings twice at Terlingua. The Oliveiras have suffered for many years and we at CASI should be thankful for their participation and loyalty. I have seen this once before, but I don't know who else has. Worth sharing.

Here is the web site: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/may/02/a-toast-tony-to/



From Donna Conrad:
ATTN: Cookers

If your planning on going to the Snyder Cook Off On May 15th & 16th and you want H-E-B tube meat let me know. I will be coming up there on Thursday the 14th. I will need your order in by no later then Monday the 10th so I can get it ordered. It will be frozen and you will need to pick it up no later them Friday by noon. It's $2.88 lb. or $34.56 per case.

Also I will be selling Raffle Tickets for the drawing at the Great Peppers Meeting. The 1st. drawing will be for $1000.00 & the 2nd drawing will be for a handmade quilt. I will have the quilt with me if you would like to take a look at it. Also I will not be selling any tickets untill after the awards on Saturday afternoon.

DON'T FORGET TO ORDER YOU TUBE MEAT THIS WEEK

From Lee Kroencke:
Be sure you have your calendar marked. May 15, 2010 - Kansas State Open Chili Championship May 16, 2010 - Gladiator POD Chili Cook-off Overland Park, Kansas See attached - See you there!





 From Carrie Kinnison:
Thank you everyone for your expressions of sympathy to me and my family for the loss of my mother, Ella Fajkus. I know she is at a better place and is at peace with the Lord. Your support of kindness has meant so much to me for it has been a busy couple of weeks and several years.

From Sue Yates:
Just when we thought everything was going well, my son took another turn for the worse.  They will be transporting him today from Florida to Tolane University Hospital in New Orleans.  Please keep us in your prayers

Notes:  Yesterday I had my first experience in the hyperbaric chamber.  It wasn't bad, just a long 90 min.  This treatment is suppose to help healing by increasing the amount of oxygen to each part of the body.  I am also still getting my daily IV.  Here is hoping this works.  Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support.