Monday, March 29, 2010

From Lee Brett:
C.A.S.I has lost another long time supporter. Jerry Lawrence, one of the Irving Elks everyone has come to know passed away Saturday morning after a battle with cancer. Jerry started going to T.I.C.C. In the early 90's along with several other Elks. The Irving Elks have since become a long time C.A.S.I. sponsor.

There will be a memorial at the Irving Elks Saturday April 3rd at 2 pm.

Announcement of the BBQ Vote:
I have not received any more votes for the last 2 weeks and we have decided to close the voting and give out the results. I think that those who wanted to vote have done so. The vote was first announced on the blog on January 20,2010 and then was published in the Trails in the February Issue.  I had about 120 votes. Several only voted on 1 item, several only gave me words.

Here are the totals:

Question 1 (Chili cooks who choose to enter the BBQ competition should be allowed to cook on their campsite?) Yes 77, No 20.

Question #2 (Should BBQ pits be disallowed in the cooks’ area for any use?) Yes 38, No 60. A No vote is a yes they should be allowed in the cook's area.

Question #3 (Should fire pits be allowed?) Yes 78, No 28. Several made comments such as it should be a Propane Powered Fire Pit. It should not be allowed on the bare ground.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to express your opinions.

NOTE:  Cliff and I are leaving this morning as soon as I finish the IV for Wichita Falls to attend Glyn Gaines' funeral.  We will return early tomorrow so that I can have tomorrow's IV.  I will not be posting the blog until later in the day.