Friday, September 16, 2011

From Jim Ezell:
Attached is the fall/winter promotion for Mexene. This is one of the things I discussed when I was in Lafayette last month. The hope was to use 5 of our CASI champions on these displays, but they decided on this one. This is fantastic coverage for CASI as this will go out to grocery stores nationwide and sit it the aisles. 2500 of these displays is a lot of exposure for us. Once again, thank Bruce Foods for all they do for CASI. Janice, you might want to run that picture in your blog and tell folks to watch for it in their grocery store and remember always ask for Mexene and CASA Fiesta on the shelf.

 From Kay Lefler:
Hey folks, don't miss out on the chili cookoffs to be held in downtown Hico on October 1st and 2nd.  Hico is famousfor their Annual Texas Steak Cookoff and not they will have another feather in their hat (Cowboy hat, that is) - The Billy the Kid Chili Cookoff! 

The turn-in for beans will be at 11 am and there is $100 riding on 1st place!  Chili turn-in is scheduled for 2 pm.  And from 2 - 4 pm judges will be making their rounds to picl a winner in the People's Choice Chili,  C'mon pardner, get ready - this one has a $200 bounty for the chili voted as 1st place People's Choice!! 

Don't run off - there will be a chili cookoff on Sunday, October 2nd too!  Turn-in is 1 pm.  So bring your sleepin' duds and stay awhile.  There's room for RVs or you can kick off your boots at one of the local Bed and Breakfasts or hotels.

For more information about the cookoff, contact Randy Duke at 254-405-4333, randu2@windstream.net or Angie Duke at 254-405-4334,  angdu2@yahoo.net.  You can find out more about the Billy the Kid Museum at www.billythekidmuseum.com.

From Lee Kroencke:



CASI,
Thanks to everyone involved in CASI for your enthusiastic support of Chili, Charity, and Fun. It is an honor to serve on your board of directors and I welcome all thoughts and comments.

My email address is lee.kroencke@gmail.com

Contact me at any time.
Letter from Steve Nadeau:
I am participating in the Bike MS: Alamo Ride to the River October 15th and 16th. I will be riding between 130 and 160 miles to fulfill a personal challenge and to help the National MS Society fund research and advocate for change and help people with MS and their families lead powerful lives.

I was diagnosed with MS in June of 2000. They have come a long way since I was diagnosed in the research thanks to the support of people like yourself, but we still have a ways to go. Multiple sclerosis is a progressive neurological disease that affects people in many different ways. It could be paralysis one day, loss of vision the next or impaired memory the day after that.

The Society organizes 100 rides nationwide. The funds they raise fuel research aimed at treating and eventually curing MS; they also provide crucial services for persons living with MS.

Living with MS means living with uncertainty and I truly appreciate the support and encouragement I receive from my friends and family.

Help me reach my goal by visiting my personal page today and making a secure online donation.


I appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincere regards,

Steve Nadeau



From Jim Ezell:
NEWS FLASH  9-15-2011, 8:44 AM


I am currently sitting in the cafe in Terlingua. It is pouring down rain outside with assorted lightning and thunder. I promise that I have not been drinking, taking drugs or suffering hallucinations.

Good news indeed.


From Jen Windsor:
For the the Blog, RR's, GP's etc....Its very important that folks do not send Glenda ccokoff results for THIS chili year. If they do, I can not guarantee that an Invite will go out or that they will be on the gate list for TICC.




Please send all cook-off results for the new chili year (10/1 forward), for cook-offs being held in the state of TEXAS to:


Glenda Vrba – Asst TallyMaster

PO BOX 450907

Garland, TX 75045


Mail results for all other cook-offs (not in TEXAS) to:


Jenny Windsor – TallyMaster

210 Kennedy Dr

Severna Park, MD 21146


************************************************************************

Reminder – The showmanship entrants list must be submitted with your cook-off results if your cook-off has showmanship winners. All cook-off results received without this form will be considered incomplete and will be returned to sender.


Thank you!

From Glenda Vrba:
At our monthly meeting at the Garland Elks Lodge tonight I asked that we (Elks) have a toy drive for the children in Terlingua. They are all really excited about helping us out. They are asking the Poker players to donate a toy at their Wednesday and Friday night games. Also at the shuffleboard games Monday and Tuesday night. The Bass Club and the Alpine Dancers have also been asked to join in. And of course all of our members. The goal of the Elks Lodge is 300 toys for Bill and I, Dave and Nancy Hewlett and Mossman to take to Terlingua for the kids.


When I left the Lodge tonight I already had 25 toys promised by one great lady. And if I know her, she will double that number before the drive is over. She is going to ask some of the other Elks Lodges in our area to donate toys also. I was almost in tears when I left there tonight. For those that wanted to donate cash she has agreed to go shopping and buy wrapping paper for us to take also.


This should be a great Christmas for the children in Terlingua!!!