Monday, September 12, 2011

A BIG Thank You to the Texas Hill Country Pod.  They hosted a very successful Great Pepper's Meeting.  Everything was done with class and it was enjoyed by all of the attendees.  The facility was great, the food was good and your hospitality was the best. Thank you

Also, thank you to Donna Conrad and Dianne Stimson for all the great food in the Hospitality Room.  It was really great.

Thank you to each of the Great Pepper's and the other CASI members who attended the weekend event.  We had a full weekend and we did a lot of work.   Now it is time to start planning for the new chili year 2011-2012.

Congratulations to our new members on the Board of Directors.  Jim Ezell (who is not exactly new to the Board) won a 3 year term.  Jen Windsor, TallyMaster, won a 3 year term.  Lee Kroencke won a 2 year term and Glenda Vrba also won a 2 year term.

The new slate of Officers are
President - Ed Blair
Executive Director - Janice Miller
Vice President - Dana Plocheck
Vice President - Jim Ezell
Secretary - Roger Foltz
Treasurer - David Sexton
TallyMaster - Jen Windsor
Membership - Darin Jester
Upcomings - Lee Kroncke
Assistant TallyMaster - Glenda Vrba
Ranch Manager - Robert Schrade
Krazy Flats - Jim Ezell

The Board is now busy getting ready for TICC.  Because of the drought in Texas, we will not permit Camp Fires this year.  You may use propane stove, BBQs Pits and grills may be used for cooking.  Please consider bringing a Fire Extinguisher.

Because of the drought and the fires still burning in Texas, several of our CCOs are in question.  Several may be cancelled.  The first of those is the CCO scheduled October 1, 2011 at Hallsville, TX.

From Dave and PNut Trice, East Texas Chili Pod:
The Fire Marshall has informed us that our event will not be able to happen this year due to the extreme drought, no ifs and buts about it...

We are trying to get this information out to all people possible that our cookoffs are cancelled, if you can forward this to all your contacts we would greatly appreciate it....

Thank you,
 
 
From Robert "Wappo" Schrade:
I would like to say thank you for all the e-mails,calls and text messages from all of you to see how I am doing.  Sorry I could not answer you all when you sent them, but the pain meds they have me on keep me out of pain, but also keep me from being able to do anything. lol. I have been able at this time to write this thanks. Connie had to take me to my doctors in San Antonio early Saturday morning due to the misery and pain I was in. My neck was hurting and had been for a while, but it has gotten worse.  The neck brace was suppose to help manage the pain.   The  pain finally went way south and something needed to be done immediately. I want to thank my wife, Connie for being there for me and taking care of me. At this time we are not sure what the doctors are planning, but we do know I will be having surgery within this next week. I hope that I will be able to be at TICC 2011 as I need to fulfill my duties to you and the whole CASI organization.  It is uncertain at this time. but we will have to see what happens.  If you try to contact me and I do not respond, it is not because I do not want to talk to you and I hope you all understand. God bless you all and I hope to be back soon with my chili family.

From Lee Kroencke:
Below are some details about the cook-off this weekend at Crawford County State Park. Points Points! Points! This is THE weekend to earn them and maybe qualify with one pot of chili as the women's or men's outright winner!

This cook-off also has Mike Blair from Kansas Magazine attending to cover a chili event- so wear your best chili attire! Plenty of camping. Free admission for vehicles.

You will be glad you attended this cook-off. 5pm Turn in Saturday, Noon on Sunday.

Sep 17, 2011 - Farlington KS CASI. Kansas Women's and Kansas Men's State Open Championship. Held at Crawford County State Park. CASI rules apply. Chili grind only. Automatic Qualifyer top 3 Kansas finishers. Turn in 5:00 pm. Entry fee $20. Homestyle chili. Entry fee $20. Anything goes. Turn in 5:30 pm. Cook both for $30. Salsa. Entry fee $5. Turn in 5:30 pm. Juniors-age 17 and under. Entry fee $5. Turn in 5:30 pm. Contact Lee Kroencke at gladiatorchili@yahoo.com or Larry Velasquez larry.velasquez@forbo.com. Benefits Children's Playground Fund.
Sep 18, 2011 - Farlington KS CASI. Friends of Crawford County CCO Friends of Crawford County State Park. Held at Crawford County State Park. CASI rules apply. Chili grind only. Turn in 12:00 pm. Entry fee $20. Contact Lee Kroencke gladiatorchili@yahoo.com, Larry Velasquez at larry. velasquez@forbo.com. Benefits Crawford County State Park.