Friday, June 1, 2012

From Kay Lefler:

Dawg Daze of Summer Sooner CCO at Gander Mountain in Corsicana will be on Saturday and Sunday, June 9th and 10th.  Saturday - CASI chili turns in at 2 pm; 50/50 beans at noon.  Junior (ages 8-17) chili turns in at 2 pm. Great raffle items. On Sunday – CASI chili turn in is at Noon – no frills – points only.  Plenty of paved parking for RVs (dry camping) and Day Cooks. Proceeds go to the Humane Society of Navarro County.  If you have any questions, call Kay Lefler 972-872-2297 or 972-351-3174.


From Jennifer Sherfield:
I am still seeking pictures from Pods, from all over. I would love to include them in my Great Pepper's video for this year. Please email me at jennifer.sherfield@yahoo.com. Also, if for some reason you have not received last years GP video or Terlingua pictures, please email me so I can send them to you. My computer was stolen and I lost most of the information. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.



From Janie Burruss:
The date for the Purgatory Chili Pod (PCP) cookoff is wrong as it appears in the Terlingua Trails. Purgatory Creek Pod Annual Cook-off July 21 and 22, 2012 at the VFW Hall in Geronimo, Texas.


Summer is fast approaching.  It's a good time to have a CCO.  There are several scheduled for this weekend.  Hope if your are cooking chili, you get points and if you are not, you are having fun at what you are doing.  Have a great weekend!