Friday, June 15, 2012

From Alan Dean:
Everyone is invited to come to Becker Vineyards for their All American Chili Cookoff on July 4. This is a fun event that features large public, live music, salsa and people’s choice competition in addition to CASI chili, great goodie bags, and a great cooks’ party in the winery tasting room. Motorhome parking is available just down the street at the Peach Country RV Park with very reasonable rates for chili cooks (877-379-4515).

This cookoff is an important fund raiser for our charity, Habitat For Humanity. They will be selling tasting kits so please bring chili for the public. There will be a great prize, including a free stay at Becker Vineyards B&B for the People’s Choice winner. Public chili can have beans and other fillers in it.
For more information, call Alan Dean 512-567-2835 or email pepperdean7@verizon.net.


From Larry Burruss:
June 14, 2012

Greetings CASI Members,
After  some in depth soul searching I have decided to announce my candidacy for a position on the Board of Directors of CASI.
My involvement in the chili world  dates back to September of 1970 and the first ever Men's State Chili Championship  in San Marcos, Texas (AKA Chilympiad).  I remained involved  with Chilympiad until  2003 when it faded into the sunset.
During the mid to late 1980's I was elected Executive Director  for 2 years and then elected to the Board for a 3 year term  where I served as president for two years.
After a seeming lack of interest   at the Great Peppers Meeting last year to serve on the Board I began to think about once again serving CASI.
I am retired at this time  and will be able to devote the necessary time that is involved in being on the CASI Board.
I feel that my prior service to CASI and continued involvement throughout the years could be a benefit to help CASI raise funds and promote chili.
I am seeking your consideration and support. Thank you,
Larry Burruss Great Pepper Purgatory Creek Pod

Have a wonderful weekend.  Stay Cool!  It is definitely Summer in West Texas.