Thursday, July 14, 2011

From Lee Kroencke:
I am proud to announce my candidacy for the Board of Directors. I have served as Great Pepper of the Gladiator Pod for the past three years. My track record, my leadership, and my operational knowledge of CASI all combine to give me valuable experience necessary to serve. CASI is a part of me, it's who I am. Serving on the Governance Committee chaired by Dana Plocheck has given me the opportunity to get to know and work with most current Board Members. People who know me call me a change agent, and that is what I bring to the table. My intent to seek a position on the Board has been filed with Janice, and I intend to serve in whatever capacity is best. I invite you to contact me with any questions you may have. The best of times are ahead for CASI, and I would appreciate your support.
 
Lee Kroencke
Great Pepper
Gladiator Chili Pod
 
It's time to start thinking about the TICC Tequila Rose BBQ!  See the flyer below.
 
From Glenda Vrba:
As some already know I am seeking a position on the CASI Board of Directors. Like all CASI chili cooks, I believe in what CASI stands for and am eager to tell everyone I meet about the organization.
 
As a member of CASI from both the perspective of a “ground level” member and, through many conversations with seasoned CASI members, have what I believe to be a good understanding of what does work and, in some cases, did not work in the past. I may listen without speaking, but when an idea is presented that I feel would benefit the organization and its members, I will speak and if needed champion the idea. New ideas and new perspectives can only add to any organization. I’m what some may call a hardhead at times and at other times a pragmatist. Communication, promptness, an ability to be a team player and willingness to promote CASI at all times are assets needed in our CASI Directors. I believe that both my work history and personal history with my chili friends show I possess all of these qualities.
I’d like to take this time to personally thank each and every CASI member for their support of CASI and the various charities throughout the year and hope to meet many of you on the chili trail in the near future.

Thank you,
Glenda Vrba
 
Here is some comedy to lighten your day.  I believe that these 2 are talking about West Texas!
Pray for rain at the Ranch and all of West Texas.