Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today will be a short note. I have a couple of CCOs that they have requested for me to advertise. I am still learning how to get these fliers into the Blog. Have patience with me as I learn. I finally got this next one to copy for me.




I am going to share some information from Tanya Jester:
Hola!

Hope everyone is surviving the snow! Here in Indy, we received 13” overnight.

Attached is the flyer/registration form for Kokomo. You will notice that a JR’s class has been added this year. It is free with an adult entry.
Also, it’s a little confusing if you want to cook more than one category (ie: CASI/Fire). We asked about the fees for this and were told that it would only be one registration fee of $22.
If you need electricity, you must contact Rhonda and let her know in advance. You can register online at http://www.memberservicecenter.org/irmweb/wc.dll/inkokcoc?id=inkokcoc&doc=events/event&kn=77
HOWEVER, if you register online for more than one category, you will be charged for each. My suggestion if you want to register online, only register for CASI and do the other(s) the day of.

Confused?? Yeah, well, join the club. It really shouldn’t be this difficult.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

FYI – Darin and I have decided to venture to Louisiana this weekend for the LA State Championship. We’ll let ya’ll know how we do – good or bad. This is a first for us.

Hope to see you in Kokomo!!

~Tonya
Tonya L. Jester
Chilicity/Chilipenny
Indiana Pepper Pod
6633 Cordova Court
Indianapolis, IN 46221
H: 317.856.3231
C: 317.319.4962
crazyladychili@sbcglobal.net

I must tell you that the Flyer is not attached, I am still trying to learn how to do that. Sorry about that.
A note form Blu Daniel:
New location for Tyler Elks Lodge cookoff on March 14. Their building is going to be torn down, so their cookoff has been moved to the building and grounds of the Union Hall across from the Old Kelly-Springfield Tire Plant (Now Goodyear) on Hwy 31 West. Approx. 4 miles from Loop 323. RV's welcome but no hook-ups.
Please note that the Tyler Elks Lodge cookoff is not a Pod sponsored cookoff, they set their own date and have for many years. All RCCP does is provide an official.
Thank you,
Blu Monday-Daniels
It has been noted that several of the regular CCOs that are held each year are not yet on the calendar. It would help if you would get them scheduled so that some of the smaller CCOs could set dates that would not conflict with your CCO.
Enough for today. Please send me any thoughts about what you would like for me to address in this column. Thanks to all of you who have let me know that you are following this blog. I learn a little more each day.