Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I do not have a lot to report today. As I get news from each of you, I will post it. I want to again remind you that if you know someone who plans to apply for the CASI Scholarship, that application must be mailed to Alan Dean by Jan 31.



I also have had some reports of CCOs advertising their Show Times for less than 2 hrs. According to the Rule Book IV, C, "Judging shall be held for 2 hrs during the cookoff, ending at least 30 min prior to turn-in time for chili or beginning at least 30 minutes after turn-in. If you continue to read, you will come to paragraph 2 Adverse Conditions, it states "Under unusual conditions (severe weather such as rain, snow, extreme heat/cold, etc or because of lack of public attendance), cookoffs with 12 or fewer show team may shorten the showmanship period with the approval of the CASI cookoff official or head show judge..." I understand that most of the time we do not have enough public for 2 hrs. But, please make that decision on the day of the CCO and do not advertise less than a 2 hour show time.



NOTE: The February 21 cookoff in Paint Rock, AL, has been canceled.



Please send me any information that you want posted. My email is garjans@suddenlink.net.