Tuesday, December 20, 2011

From Dana Plocheck:

The January Trails is available for viewing on the CASI website, www.chili.org, and is loaded with more pictures from TICC; I hope you enjoy it. Please continue to send in your articles, pictures and ads for your cookoffs. Note, I will always acknowledge receipt of your articles. If you do not get a confirmation email from me please check back with me to make sure I received it.

For New Year’s weekend there are eleven (11) cookoffs scheduled so grab your cameras and take lots of pictures! Let’s see how you celebrated bringing in the new year – show the fun, the wins and the hangovers! But most of all, have a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year! Hope to see you all on the chili trail next year.

P.S. - Don’t forget, if you want your cookoff highlighted in the next issue be sure and send your article and pictures to me by January 15th. Thanks.

From Robbie Swart and Family:
I have been trying to find the right words to express my thoughts and thankfulness to all of the CASI family. Terlingua will never be the same for me again due to the loss of Ken that Halloween night. But, I have to thank everyone that was involved in trying to get us the help that was needed for Ken. As I sit here trying to put this all down on paper to present to everyone, please know that I'm so thankful for you all. I never thought that this would happen and it was such a sudden and scary situation. My heart is broken and I miss him so much. I need to thank everyone for the thoughts, flowers, cards, kind words and prayers. Also, to everyone that contributed to the CASI scholarship program in memory of Ken. I continue to receive information on everyone that had contributed and it means the world to me. Thank you to the Knight family for being with me and helping me that night, without them, I would have been much worse off then I was. I take each day as it comes and try to put a smile on my face, because that is what Ken would expect from me. Some days are so difficult. Again, just a big Thank you to our chili family for everything. Sending love to you all. Robbie Swart and family.
 
 
From Dianne Stimson:
Well, the last of our 2011 CCO's have come and gone.  The sponsor was H-E-B Temple #1 and the NEW H-E-B in BELTON (the old Temple #2 store director, Eric Tovar went to the New Belton H-E-B).  They were both held at the La Quintia Inns and Suites in Belton Saturday 12-17 and Sunday 12-18. I want to thank my head judge for both days, Donna Conrad; my Monitor for both days, Janie Burruss; my Tally teams, John Caffey, Lisa Stone, Jason Goains, Donna Conrad, Elke Jensen, Larry Burruss, and Chuck Taylor. But most of all I want to thank the COOKS who came out. With out you, we would not have been able to have a cook off at all. And we did have a Christmas party on Saturday night. I want to thank everyone who stayed for it.  We hope you enjoyed yourselves. If I have forgotten to thank someone , PLEASE forgive me.  It was not intentional.  Of course H-E-B is AGAIN already talking about NEXT YEARS COOK OFF!..... WE would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year ! Now onto the winners....

Saturday 12-17-2011
16 chilis judged

CHILI
1. Kay Lefler - Bardwell,TX
2. David Lefler - Bardwell,TX
3. Gerald Casey - Arlington,TX
4. Ramonda Casey - Arlington,TX
5. Bruce Brandel - Cedar Park,TX
6. Chuck Taylor - Cedar Park,TX
7. Barbara Taylor - Cedar Park,TX
8. Larry Burruss - San Marcos,TX
9. Janie Burruss - San Marcos,TX
10. Jim Trietsch - Waco,TX

SHOW

1. Tall Girl Frog, Sue Caffey - Rockdale,TX
2. Aunt Donna's Chili, Donna Conrad - Crawford,TX
3. Stinkfoot Chili, Jim Trietsch - Waco,TX

Sunday 12-18-2011
21 chilis judged

CHILI
1. Barbara Taylor - Cedar Park,TX
2. Larry Burruss - San Marcos,TX
3. James Bauer - Leander,TX
4. Barbara Schueler - Leander,TX
5. Janie Burruss - San Marcos,TX
6. David Lefler - Bardwell,TX
7. Lisa Stone - Kempner,TX (Q)
8. Chuck Taylor - Cedar Park,TX
9. Cathy Edmonson - Round Rock,TX
10. Becky Brown - Glenrose,TX (Q)

SHOW

1. Sister's Sisters, Cathy Edmonson - Round Rock,TX (Q)
2. Chili chili Bang bang, Robyn Lewis - Boerne,TX
3. Tall Girl Frog, 
Sue Caffey - Rockdale,TX
 
From David Richardson:
Attached is corrected Registration Form for the Texas Open being held on February 25th in San Antonio. If you have previously received a copy, I apologize for the duplication. It is better to have two than none at all.