Monday, August 3, 2009

From Tanya Jester:

August 15th – Chad Jester Memorial, Bel-Aire Park, Indianapolis

September 26th – Indiana State Chili Championship, Red Bridge Park, Cicero

August 22nd - 265h Annual Iowa State Chmpionship, Chromehorse Saloon & Slophouse, Cedar Rapids, IA

August 30th - St Mary of gostyn CCO, St Mary of Gostyn Parish, Downers Grove, IL
Hope to see you on August 15th in Indy!!

From Robert Schrade:

I am announcing my candidacy for the CASI Board of Directors. I have been a CASI member for many years and have worked tirelessly for the membership, the Board and the charities that benefit from our CASI activities.

I have held many positions in the chili world. In addition to serving as a director, Pepper Popper and Great Pepper of SAP-CASI, I have also served on the Texas Men’s State Board of Directors and served as Chairman of the Texas Ladies’ State Cookoff Board for two terms. I continue to serve on the Texas Ladies’ State Board. I have also served as the Old 320 Alcalde for three terms. All of these offices have enabled me to work with our membership, the CASI Board of Directors and the business community.


I have worked and will continue to work on many projects at Rancho CASI de los Chisos. For many years, my wife, Connie, and I have spent at least a week prior to TICC doing electrical and other construction projects. Through my work contacts, I have been able to get thousands of dollars worth of materials donated for improvements to the Ranch.

I have a great deal of respect for the CASI Board and for our membership. Without the Board and all of our dedicated members, we would not be able to accomplish all the good that we do. I pledge to represent each of you to the best of my ability and to be open to suggestions and input from you towards the betterment of our organization.

I believe that I would be an asset to the Board, and I have the credentials to serve and represent all of you who spend your time, your money and your talents to make our organization the great one that it is. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (210) 823-3602 or at reselwappo@aol.com. I request your support and vote for Robert Schrade for the Board of Directors.


Respectfully, Robert “Wappo” Schrade.



From Bruce Smith:

We haven't seen many of you since you joined the Pod in January at the State CCO.


COME ON OUT AND GET REACQUAINTED!

Bring a pot and cook up a Bowl of Red.


1sr, 2nd and 3ed in each CCO are Automatically Qualified for TICC November 7 in Terlingua, TX.





Excuse any problems. I am creating this on a dial up internet connection and I a having trouble making it do what I want it to. I will try harder tomorrow.