Monday, March 7, 2011

What a GREAT Weekend.  I placed both days and got 2 points.  I am getting my points one at a time.  At least this weekend I did get points.

From Bruce Smith:
Here are directions to Pulaski Tech for The Arkansas State Open Cookoff.

From downtown Little Rock:
Take I-30 West toward Hot Springs.
Take Exit 128 (Mabelvale West Road/Otter Creek Road).
Stay on the access road.
When the two-lane access road begins to narrow into one lane, look immediately for the Pulaski Technical College entrance on the right.


From the north:
Take I-40 West toward Fort Smith.
Follow signs for I-430 South (Exit 147).
From I-430, take Exit 129B toward Texarkana.
Take Exit 128 (Mabelvale West Road/Otter Creek Road).
Stay on the access road.
When the two-lane access road begins to narrow into one lane, look immediately for the Pulaski Technical College entrance on the right.


From Saline County:
Take I-30 East toward Little Rock.
Take Exit 126 (Alexander Road exit).
Stay on the access road
Turn right approaching Vimy Ridge Road
Turn left on Vimy Ridge Road and cross over the interstate Vimy Ridge Road circles to the west and ends at the I-30 westbound access road.
Turn right on the I-30 westbound access road.
When the two-lane access road begins to narrow into one lane, look immediately for the Pulaski Technical College entrance on the right.

From Darin Jester (Membership Director):
There are some issues with the CASI Membership email address.  Hill Country Software is aware of the issues and are working to get the system back up. For those of you who have paid your dues via PayPal, I will get you processed as soon as I am able to receive emails.  In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding your membership, please feel free to contact me through my personal email at flashoverchili@sbcglobal.net

From Ron Barnes:
Results from the Irving Elks and Texas Elks State Championship CCO held at the Irving Elks Lodge on Saturday, March 5th:

CHILI (42 judged):
1. Mike Rogers – Ennis (his first 1st!)
2. Ray Calhoun – Waxahachie
3. Susan Spencer – Irving
4. Doodie Johnson – Irving
5. Gary Brignon – Ennis
6. Scott Spencer – Irving
7. Dee Palmer – Mansfield
8. Ron Baker – Ennis
9. Bob Coats – Irving
10. Tom Dozier – Irving

SHOW:
1. Bill Lester – Garland
2. Ginny Williams – Irving
3. Ray Calhoun – Waxahachie

TEXAS ELKS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP (17 judged):
1. Ron Baker – Garland Elks (Garland will host next year’s event)
2. Doodie Johnson – Irving Elks
3. Lee Brett – Irving Elks
4. Glenda Vrba – Garland Elks
5. Morris Moss – Garland Elks

BEANS (15 judged):
1. Ron Barnes – Euless (no, Tina didn’t cook them!)
2. Tom Dozier – Irving
3. Ginny Williams - Irving

From Clyde Rogers:
Well it has been six days since chili turn in at the Texas Open in San Antonio`s Traders Village. This past week was the time to collect, clean, and inventory what was left over. I wanted to wait a week to see the input I would receive from the cooks. I must say I haven`t been dragged across the coals like I thought I might be.  I have received good e-mails about the cook off from all over. That is very inspiring and I thank you. We sent a thank you out to the Southwest Independent School District students that came out and gave us an opening ceremony that brought Traders Village to a stand still. I had been talking to them for months and I am glad they were able to preform. I did not announce all the thank you`s I wanted to at the announcements because I knew the time was running late. I want to thank all the committee members, you guys went over the top in helping. A thank you is in order for the group that put the cups together Friday evening. That`s what you call stepping up. I know the committee did what was required, but the reason the 2011 Texas Open had 212 cooks and was the success it was, is because of YOU, the cooks reading this. I want to thank all of you for supporting the 2011 Texas Open and I hope you will continue to do so. If you have any suggestions or thoughts please e-mail them to me. It's going to be tough to match or beat this year in 2012, but we are starting now and sure going to give it a shot. Again thanks to all.

From Jim Statezcny:
As you probably know by now, our transition to the new server was quite an ordeal. It didn’t help that Will and I were at a business conference in Las Vegas, and were somewhat helpless in helping with the situation. Will returned to the office on Thursday and I on Sunday afternoon. It seems that while installing the operating system on the new server we uncovered a problem that required engineers from Microsoft to resolve. I am told that multiple top flight engineers from Microsoft were logged onto our server, and were creating code changes to resolve the problem. It seems that throughout my entire career I have always had a way of uncovering these types of problems, and so, lightening has struck once again. The good news is that as of Friday, the new server appears to be up and running and functioning properly. I am told that the engineers from Microsoft will continue to monitor our situation, and may make additional modifications to the system if necessary. Please tell all of the board members who update the CIS to verify that everything they have done the last few weeks is in the system properly. Also, if they see anything that looks out of the ordinary, or does not appear to work properly, please let me know.

If anybody has sent me any emails over the last week, that I have not responded to, please send them again because I don’t show any in my mail box. This afternoon is the first time I have been able to check emails in a week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

From Sherrie Davis:
Texas Independent Day cook off Sun - beautiful day



1. Deborah V-Benefield Q'd
2 Earl Who Q'd
3. Jennifer Schoppe (watch out for her)
4. Julie Cooper
5. John Billy Murray
6. Ken Armand
7. Julie Graham
8. Susan Armand
9 SharonDozier
10 James Benefield

Show
1 SharonDozier
2 Susan Armand
3 Jennifer Schoppe.

From Bruce Smith:
Arkansas Men's State Chili Cookoff winners:
1. Steve Doss (Louisiana)
2. Bo Prewitt
3. Preston Nickle
4. Lee Bailey
5. John Doss
6. James Moseley
7. Bruce Smith
8. Richard Jones
9. Stuart Frye
10. Robert McCullum

Arkansas Womens Chili Cookoff:
1. Karen Bailey
2. Ann Braud
3. Patti Watkins
4. Maria Swicegood
5. Ann Kyzer
6. Dara Doss
7. Rheaba Goebel
8. Debra Frye
9. Shelly Kronecke
10. Rena Jones.