Tuesday, December 21, 2010

From Dianne Stimson:

Both Temple H-E-B Cook- Offs were COLD and WINDY but both H-E-B's were pleased with their turn out's and of course the employees LOVED to judge.  Both H-E-B's are once again planning for next year! I would like to thank all of the cooks who came out.  With out you, we could not have had the 2 successful cook offs we did! I want to thank my head judges: John Caffey and Donna Conrad; my tally teams: John Caffey,Randy Duke,Ken Swart,Mike McCarter,Larry Walto; my Table monitors: Kay Lefler, Ken Swart, James Trietsch, Mike McCarter and my table runners, Donna Conrad.  I am sorry I can't remember everyone else who helped out.  Please forgive me if I have forgotten your name, it truly is not on purpose. I am grateful to all who helped out at both cook offs!

Temple H-E-B #2
Saturday 12-18-2010
23 Chilis Judged

CHILI

1. Angie Duke - Valley Mills,TX (Q)
2. Donna Conrad - Crawford, TX
3. Dianne Stimson - Crawford,TX (Q)
4. David Lazarus - Killeen,TX
5. Tom Dozier - Irving, TX
6. Jason Coker - Frost, TX
7. James Trietsch - Waco, TX
8. Mike McCarter - Corsicana,TX
9. David Lefler - Bardwell,TX
10. Larry Walton - Robinson,TX

SHOW

1. Udderly Good Cow Killer Chili
    Kay Lefler - Bardwell,TX
2. Deb's Confederate Chili
    Debbie Wasik - Temple,TX
3. Tall Girl Frog
    Sue Caffey - Rockdale,TX

Temple H-E-B #1
Sunday 12-19-2010
17 Chilis Judged

CHILI

1. Becky Brown - Glen Rose, TX
2. Dianne Lewis - Boerne,TX (Q)
3. Gerald Casey - Arlington,TX
4. Larry Walton - Robinson, TX (Q)
5. David Lefler - Bardwell,TX
6. Ken Swart - Kennesaw,GA
7. Lisa Stone - Kempner, TX
8. Grace Walton - Robinson,TX
9. Kay Lefler - Bardwell,TX
10. Dianne Stimson - Crawford,TX

SHOW

1. Outhouse Chili
    Gerald Casey - Arlington,TX (Q) ?
2. Deb's Confederate Chili
    Debbie Wasik - Temple,TX
3. Aunt Donna's Chili
    Donna Conrad - Crawford,TX
From Ken Rodd:
A correction to yesterdays blog concerning the Texas Open.  First Place Chili will receive $500.00

Remember that there are only 4 shopping days left until Christmas.