Friday, November 27, 2009

From David Manske:
WOW.
Today I had the pleasure of helping one of our CASI sponsors. Ancira held their 6th annual employee chili cook off in Alvarado. 8 employees created their recipe, and 4 judges, me included found a clear winner. It was a very warm welcome I received, as they asked questions about CASI and our way of judging. The fun started when I explained the cup, as they were use to having their pots numbered. As the 8 turned in they also learned why the ticket was on the side of the cup. After the chili was judged, and tallied, in which was done by hand, old school. They all gathered around the show room to find out the winner. Before announcements, they all wanted to know about CASI. We talked about different cook offs and what we do. When they heard about their pavilion in Terlingua, I believe they were impressed. I found out afterwards, 1 Ancira employee was in the Virgin Islands and had attended their big cook off. He also said there were no motor homes, hmmm. Wonder why? To make this long story a little shorter, it was a very good day with our very good sponsor Ancira. If anyone hears of a sponsor wanting or needing a little help, give it freely and you will feel the thanks I did.
David Budda Manske




There isn't any news, but I want to remind referees that if you are sending in results, please send them to  Jenny Windsor, 210 Kennedy Drive, Severna Park, MD  21146.

Do I have a referee who is interested in going to Kalispell, MT in May for a chili cookoff for the March of Dimes?  If you are interested, please contact me.

Have a GREAT weekend!