Thursday, November 19, 2009

From Blu Danials:
I received a phone call earlier from Bob Conley's daughter. Bob passed away this morning, Helen is not doing good at all, took them all quite by surprise. And he was between his doctors office and the emergency room, all at the same hospital. Daughter said they are going to funeral home tomorrow (Thursday) and she would notify me of any further arrangements. It will be a Memorial Service as Bob is going to be cremated.


This is so very sad for us as Big John and Bob had become best of friends over these past several years. Bob was quite the character and we'll all remember him as stealing firewood and his little motorized cooler cart in "Just For Fun" show.

This was the best way I knew to get it out to as many who knew him as possible. Mailing address is 9423 St. Croix Way, Mont Belvieu, Texas 77523.

I also got a second note from Blu that I am including:

My good friend Bob passed into the wild blue yonder. He was a bit grouchy at times, but I loved to be with him at Terlingua. He stole firewood, and griped about the speeding on the road in front of the camp. I will always have the memories of the the good times we had together.The last time I talked to him, his phone was going dead, and he said to me "I'll talk to you later." That is an old Military saying, Never say goodby, only I'll see you later. Bob, I will.

Tsgt John R. Daniels,
USAF 1967-1978
Great Pepper Rose City Chili Pod

From Doris Coats:

We would like to invite you to participate in the13th Annual Texas Holiday Chili-bration Chili Cookoff
This Saturday, November 21st,
3913 Main Street in Rowlett, TX
Jackpot Beans turn in 12:00 noon
CASI & Local Chili turn in 1:00 PM
Holiday Parade begins at 10:00 AM
Main Street will be closed to traffic at 9:00 AM for the parade
Benefiting the Amateur Community Theater of Rowlett
For more information call 972-463-4880 during business hours

NOTE:  Some of the information for the CCO below got left out so I am putting all of the information for it back on the blog.

11th Annual Katy Elks #2628
Uncle Ronnie Memorial Cook off
November 21, 2009
Benefiting Elks Children Charities
Entry Fee $20 - turn-in 2 pm
Chili Grind Only
There will be Jackpot Beans - turn in at 12 pm and entry is $5.00
2050 Katy/Fort Bend Rd - Katy, Texas
281-829-5388 or ;281-536-6088