Monday, November 16, 2009

From Dana Plocheck:

The December Terlingua Trails is posted on the CASI Chili Web Site.

I would like to thank Bucky for all his help and support on getting this issue ready for publication. He has been a wonderful mentor with all the training, communication and time he has given to prepare me for this task. Thank you, Bucky!! I appreciate all the help.

From Mama Sue Caffey:
Pflugerville Pfall Pfestival was once again a very great time. We served over 6,000 samples of chili for People's Choice Awards. Thanks for everyone that came, cooked, helped in and every way to make this another successful event. Special kudos to Helen and Bob Conley for coming the distance and also bringing their son Jim and his friend Cay Ann. They all came back Sunday to the Green Red Barn.... And so did our Cibolo friends, Scott, Chrstine, and Andrew Knight.  Thanks to all who came. Thanks for the good cook's party Friday night, Warren, Scot, Matye, Chris, and most especially, little Miss Natalie, who captured my heart in two seconds.

Saturday 26 Judged

1. Billy Doss Georgetown
2. Jana Daily Cedar Park
3. Mike Zaccaro Pflugerville
4. Lisa Zaccaro Pflugerville
5. Ray Daily Cedar Park
6. Kevin Daugherty Leander
7. Tom Cook Marble Falls
8. Jessie Waguespack Austin
9. Neal Doss Georgetown
10. Greg Martin Leander

Show
1. Jessie Waguespack Austin
2. Bob Conley Mont Belview

People's Choice
1. Jessie Waguespack and Mama Sue Caffey
(And we appeared on Channel 7 news, so we were told.)

Sunday 23 Judged

1. Jessie Waguespack Austin Q
2. Debbie Ashman Bastrop
3. Helen Conley Mont Belview
4. Mike Zaccaro Pflugerville
5. Barbara Schueler Leander
6. Johnny Campbell Meadowlakes
7. Sue Caffey Rockdale
8. Steve Ashman Bastrop
9. Lisa Zaccaro Pflugerville
10. Billy Doss Georgetown

Show
1. Jessie Waguespack Austin
2. John Caffey Rockdale
3. Scott Knight Cibolo

A big sweet hug to Sasquatch for coming to cook both days and bringing me flowers on Sunday morning. I reached for my vase inside and then remembered I had none, so I used Papa's big peanut container. Keep smiling everyone. Life is precious and so are all of you. GOD BLESS US ALL AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Mama Sue Caffey

From Johnye Harriman:
I have quite a few Contestant and Official CASI shirts from years past (1990s on) and a few shirts from other cookoffs, such as Texas Men's Open and Chilympiad, that I would like to place in the hands of people who will wear them. Some of these have never been worn, although they are freshly laundered. I also have five year's worth of Directors' shirts that were Russ' and mine that are not being worn and should be put to much better use than hanging in my closet (I'm picking the embroidered names off). The catch? Most are men's mediums, some are men's small. The cotton Directors' shirts run large, so even the smalls are huge on me. I also have a few jackets that should be worn and a brand-new SW Open ball cap. If you are interested in receiving a list of what is available or if you want a specific year's shirt, please email to rhjhshow@aol.com. I'm still compiling the list (and doing laundry), but I'll get back with you as soon as I can. I would ask that postage be paid; otherwise, the shirts are up for grabs.

From Dorothy Williams:
There are no cookoffs on advertising probation this month.

You all did good!!!!

From Ken Rodd:
Visit the Krazy Flats web site.  You will find a list of all of our winners posted on this site also!