Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From Roger Foltz:

To CASI Members, Great Peppers, and Fellow Board Members:
 
I am excited to announce my candidacy for reelection to the CASI Board of Directors and look forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming Great Peppers Meeting in Dallas.  I have served the past four years as CASI Secretary and believe I can be effective working with the Board in that capacity or any other I may be asked to do.

I welcome questions and comments from everyone concerning anything related to CASI and the Board of Directors. If you don’t see me at a cookoff, my e-mail is rbfoltz@aol.com and my cell phone is 214.914.3733.

Know that I am committed to CASI and our future. Thank you for your consideration.


Sincerely,
Roger Foltz

From Kelly Brignon:
If you would like an order brought to the TOT cook off this weekend, please email me at kelly@mildbills.com or call the store at 972.875.2975. You can also place your order online and indicate your preference in the notes section of the online order form. I'll be more than happy to bring your order with me. I won't have an inventory with me :) Keep it Spicy


NOTE:  The following information has been sent to me and would like to have any chili cook who would like to compete either with chili or another dish to please register.


CALLING ALL HOME COOKS!

It's time to fire up your burners and break out your favorite recipes!

GSN (Game Show Network) and the producers of THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE, are thrilled to bring you BEAT THE CHEFS, an exciting new cooking game show that celebrates REAL people who make great food! BEAT THE CHEFS gives talented home cooks the chance to go up against some of the best chefs in the business, battle it out in the kitchen, and win a BIG CASH PRIZE!

We are scouring the nation for passionate home cooks from all walks of life. Are you a great cook despite never having been formally trained? Whether you are a chili cook-off champion, the queen of the bake sale, or just a whiz in the kitchen, now is your chance to see if your signature dish has what it takes to compete with our professional chefs! Gather up two of your family members or best friends as your sous chefs and pick the dish that you know will leave the judges begging for more!

We are looking for fun, outgoing teams of all ages. If you love to cook, have a competitive spirit, and think you have a winning dish, email us at Rane.Laymance@rrstaff.com.   Please include your name, age, current city, contact info, photo, two proposed teammates (and their photos), description of your signature dish!


From Gary Brignon:
June 2, 2012-005-Maypearl, TX CASI  FRIENDS OF MAYPERL CASI CHILI COOKOFF.  Located at 5720 FM 66 at the Maypearl Sports Park. (East of Maypearl and West of Waxahachie) CASI entry fee $20.  turn in 1:00 PM.  CHILI GRIND ONLY!  CASI RULES APPLY.  NOTE:  There will be a Junior Division (ages 8-17) Entry fee $10.  Turn in 1:00 PM. CHILI GRIND ONLY! CASI RULES APPLY.  Washers Tournament, Concessions, and Music.  The FRIENDS OF MAYPEARL is a 501 (c)3.  For additional information.  Contact Carol 210-274-5945.


NOTE:  Today is the deadline for submitting articles for the Terlingua Trails for its June edition.  Please send the information to Dana Plocheck.  Her email is danap903@comcast.net



The Suddenlink server for my area went down yesterday at noon, I have not received any emails.  If you have sent me something for the blog or for information, etc. I have not been able to communicate with you.  Suddenlink told me last night and again this morning that they do not have a time when this server will be repaired.  I will be available by phone.   I am sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.