From Sharron Christopherson:
First time Cook-off for the newly opened "THE STATION" which use to be Poor Reds and New River Station. We are holding our first in along time Arizona State Hot Wings Championship. So, come ou,t cook some Chili and show us some great hot wings. We also will have People's Choice ( $200.00 cash prize). The Salsa contest will also be fun. Come out and party with us on April 14, 2012. Below is the flyer.
NOTE: Here is a great piece of information from the Big Bend area. (Thanks, Jim for sharing this)!!
There are several things that are surfacing on the CASI horizon over the next few months.
1. Deadline for the Poster Contest is May 1. Several of you have made inguiries. Please consider designing and sending a proposed design. We have the talent within our own CASI Family for someone to come up with a great design that will not only look great on a Poster, but will promote CASI when this poster has been placed in statigic locations!
2. The End of May is also not that far away. The Great Peppers will be receiving the Annual Report form which must be completed by August 15th. If you do not know what is required to report and accomplish by a Pod, please reference the CASI Bylaws, Artilce 13. This article contains the information that will be needed to successfully complete the report and have your pod represented at the Great Pepper's Meeting. You can find a copy of the CASI Bylaws on our web page (www.chili.org) in the Resource Center. It is the first document located in the left hand corner.
3. Speaking of the Great Pepper's Meeting, have you sent in your registration for that meeting and made reservations at the hotel? If not, it is time to start planning for this. The Registration information is also found in the Resource Center!
4. When we start thinking about the Great Pepper's Meeting, we must also start considering the CASI Board of Directors and those positions that must be filled at this meeting. We need to have dedicated people who are willing to give of their time to run our organization as well as promote it. The talent is in our membership. Don't complain, come help change and direct our organization. You can help make a difference.
5. The current Directors are up for reelection or need to be filled by our membership. Those directors whose terms are up are the following:
Robert "Wappo" Schrade. He is currently serving CASI as the Ranch Manager.
Roger Foltz: He is currently serving as the Secretary for the board.
Darrin Jester: He is currently serving CASI as the Membership Director.
Dana Plocheck: She is currently serving CASI as the 2nd Vice President and as the Terlingua Trails Editor.
And last is my position:
Janice Miller who is currently serving the CASI Board as its Executive Director. I will not be seeking reelection. This position is nominated and voted on separately. There is a lot of computer and daily work required of this position. The persons who are nominated for this position must have time that they can dedicate to CASI and its daily business.
All of the above people have other tasks for which they have responsibilities especially at TICC. It takes every board member's dedication and time to ensure a successful TICC each year!
Please take the time to consider running for the CASI Board of Director's and if you do not feel that you can run, then encourage somebody that you know is dedicated to the promotion of CASI and would give the time required to be a CASI Director!