Thursday, November 17, 2011

NOTE:  The Nov. 20 Chattanooga, TN CCO has been cancelled.

From Kevin Wooster:
Wichita East VFD CCO on Jan. 14 has been CANCELLED because it conflicts with the Tri State Regional CCO.  Please mark this on your calendars.


Somehow, I left this CCO out of yesterday's blog.  Please Note:
 Nov 19, 2011-001 - Cedar Hill, TX CASI. Gail Mills Memorial. Good Shepherd Church at 915 Old Straus Road, Cedar Hill, TX 75140 at FM1382. If you have throw down chili please bring it. We are inviting all of Cedar Hill to attend. Thank You. See You There. Entry fee $18 turn-in 1 PM. Make checks payable to Good Shepherd Episcopal Church. Contact Darrell Baxter 972-523-3354 ddbaxter1@hotmail.com.


From Carrie Kinnison:
Visited with David at Lake Country Lanes and he is ready for all the Chili Cooks to arrived for The CAST OFF and 5th Annual Lake Country Lanes CCO this weekend. Friday night he will have pizza for the cooks party at 7 p.m. Special rates for CHILI COOKS ONLY on bar, bowling and etc. Large covered pavilion for everyone to cook. CHILI GRIND ONLY Saturday turn in time is 2 p.m. and Sunday turn in time is 1 p.m. Entry fee is $20 ($36 Saturday and Sunday). So get your chili pots, bowling balls and shoes, pool sticks and LET'S HAVE SOME CHILI HOT FUN! Plenty of RV parking NO HOOKUPS. Where you say.....112 N Ridge Rd (3 miles north of Walmart) in Marble Falls, TX. For more information contact: Doc at 830 613 8666 drk@tstar.net or Carrie at 281 615 2408 cak@erfw.net.

If your interested in playing golf on Friday...please contact Doc. See you there!

From Larry Walton:

           As I looked back my wife and I almost did not make the trip to Terlingua with the economy in bad shape and not knowing if you will have a job are not. So glad we made it. You know for me it’s not the Chili I just love to cook but it’s the people that make the family of CASI. Chili Heads that welcomes and takes the newbies in and teaches them how to cook chili and share stories and laughs around the camp fire that’s what I love. I have to say thank you to so many people for helping me along the way but it was Randy Duke that took me to my first cook-off and I got 10th place and was hooked. As I said on the stage I graduated from David Lefler University with a degree in Dukester Chili. Thanks for your help guys. Other who graduated are Gerald Casey, Jim (stink foot)Trietsch and their wife’s are the best friends you could have. I am looking forward to representing CASI and Central Texas Pod at all the cook-offs I can make. Thanks again.
           Hope to see all of you on the Chili Trails

Check out this web site because there is a posting about Terlingua.  It was posted last week.

Daryl Williams has posted a story about Terlingua on his blog. Check it out.. Go to: fromthefamilytable.com. If that doesn't work try: from the familytable.wordpress.com.