Monday, November 14, 2011

From Lee Kroencke, Upcomings Director :
Attention all Great Peppers, Referees, and cooks:

If you or a promoter have used a fax machine to submit a cook-off during the past 10 days (Nov 3 thru Nov 13) your cook-off may not have been received. Please check your fax receipt to confirm transmission.

If you can not confirm your fax transmission from the past 10 days please email me today at lee.kroencke@gmail.com or call to verify that I received your cook-off information. You can also refax your cook-off information to 316-524-1415.

And as always, thank you for sending in your cook-offs in early!

Pflugerville CCO November 12th, 2011 - 18 cooks
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!

1. Lisa Stone
2. Delfino Flores
3. Kenny Morgenroth
4. Denis Torre
5. Renee  Moore
6. Larry Burruss
7. Susie Morgenroth
8. Steve Ashman
9. Dianne Edmonson Lewis
10. Susie Weber

SHOW:
1. Lisa Stone and Team
2. Linda


Pflugerville Sunday CCO - November 13, 2011 - 16 cooks
CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!

1. Jessie 6 Pack (Her fourth 1st Place Win at this cookoff!)
2. Amanda Stone
3. Delfino Flores
4. Don Weber
5. Denis Torre
6. Debbie Ashman
7. Renee  Moore
8. Johnny Campbell
9. Dianne Lewis
10. Lisa Stone

SHOW:
1. Amanda Stone
2. Linda Strickel
3. Renee Moore
 
From Ed Nesbitt:
Results from the Spring Antique Gallery Annual Cook-off
Chili
1 - Ken Armand - Houston
2 - Roland Pate - Houston
3 - Molly Truitt - Friendswood, TX
4- Howard Dahl - Shore Acres, TX
5 - Taylor Miller - Baytown, TX
6 - Ed Nesbitt - Houston
7 - Doris Greenlees - Houston
8 - Mayo Blair - Houston
9 - Don Gill - Houston
10 - Susan Armand - Houston
Show
1 - John Thompson - Dr. Pepper
2 - Lewis Garnett - Pirate Chili
Beans
1 - Eric Eseamilla
2 - Don Gill
3 - James Benefield
 
From Barbara Taylor:
 
REMEMBER that if you have something that you want published in the December Terlingua Trails, it must be to Dana Plocheck by November 15th.  That is tomorrow!!!

NOTE:  Due to technical difficulties which have arisen because of the 2 different sites for recording of CCO results, we ask that all CCO results be sent to Jenny Windsor (jennwindsor@gmail.com) (210 Kennedy Drive, Severna Park MD 21146) until these problems have been resolved. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this change.

From Robert "EL WAPPO" Schrade:

Hello to everyone and congratulations to everyone who placed and participated in TICC 2011. Unfortunately I was not able to be there, but my thought were with all of you. Boy, I was going up the walls because I was unable to be there.  The Docs wouldn't let me. I am on the way to healing and getting back at it.  Even though I was not there, I was still in touch with folks and was able to help via e-mail and phone. I was very sadden to hear that we lost a great Chilihead in Ken Swart. When I put out a call for help on the electrical work at the ranch, Ken was the first one to stand up and say "Wappo, I will be glad to help you and CASI out."  That was just the kind of person he was.  He was always willing to lend a hand.  He had helped me in the past at the ranch. Ken, you will be missed, but never forgotten. I want to thank Jim Ezell, John Goforth, Don Hoy, Don and Susie Weber for stepping up and helping me fulfil my duties at TICC 2011.  Great job! Receiving reports and all the pictures was really nice and it was almost like being there.  But you all know, there is nothing like being at TICC.  Another great job and a big thanks to all of the volunteers that make TICC the event what it is, and it would be impossible without you.  Believe me when I say that the Board of Directors have already started on TICC 2012 as it is a 365 day a year job, but a great job to have. Well, I hope to see you all soon and I will be working hard to make CASI a great organization. I am now Ranch Manger, so if you have any ideas for improvements at the ranch, please feel free to give me a holler, an e-mail or a call with your idea.  Remember, no idea is a bad one.  I plan on spending a lot of time at the ranch this coming year.

Thanks for all you do.