Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here is the information about the Stop, Drop and Roll
CCO for this weekend.






From Bill Pierson:
All of 2009's pigeons are in the coop. We sanctioned 542 cookoffs this year which is the fewest since 2003 (532) and 23 below average.


The good news is that final cookoff produced qualifier #468 which is one fewer that the record (469) set in 2003.

The 541 cookoffs reported in the Trails raised $1,373,300. The 542nd cookoff added $500 to that total, so $1,374,000 is a good number.

From Candi Knight-Arevalo:
The CASI CCO scheduled for Nov 14 at Daytona CCO is Cancelled.  I'm in the process of talks to move it to mid Feb. 2010.

I am also emailing all FL cooks to inform them that the event is still open to "open" cooks, but will not be a CASI sanctioned event.

From Ron Barnes:
Cleburne Elks Lodge Saturday Cookoff

Chili (32 judged)
1. Ginny Williams - Irving
2. Delores Sanders - Arlington
3. Frances Sullivan - Ennis
4. Babs Johnson - Irving
5. Charles Breeden - Alvarado
6. David "Budda" Manske - Arlington
7. Johnnie Sullivan - Ennis
8. Dee Palmer - Arlington
9. Mike Burke - Ft. Worth
10. David Lefler - Bardwell

Show (6 teams)
1. Cow Killer Chili - Kay Lefler - Bardwell
2. Bull Rush - Ginny Williams - Irving
3. The Wild Bunch - Ramiro Garza - Ft. Worth


Beans (9 judged)
1. Tina Barnes - Euless
2. Frances Sullivan - Ennis
3. Johnnie Sullivan - Ennis


Elks Division (10 judged)
1. David "Budda" Manske - Arlington Elks
2. Dee Palmer - Irving Elks
3. Bruce Stewart - Irving Elks


From Sue Schools, Sugar Shack Chili


After a few years acquiring chili friends across the country, I've decided to settle down and start the new chili year to qualify for CASI 2010 .. I've won Texas Open and placed CASI in 7th place and it was wonderful. So I loaded up and headed to a local Terrell cookoff and took a short cut which ended in a dirt road which had a low spot and I was stuck in mud. I called the cookoff at PeeWees in Terrell and PeeWee said he would come get me. He had to come in behind my van and by the time I was rescued he was covered in mud and his leather seats were nasty. I followed him and was able at least to judge the chili.


My point is ... I've driven to Terlingua for 15 years as a woman alone and I was always hopeful that if I broke down or got in trouble on a lonely road, a chili cook would come along to help ... so whoever you are, there's a long road ahead to Terlingua so look out for your friends and neighbors, thanks PeeWee.


From Donna Conrad:
ATTN All You Chili Cooks,




This is the last week to order H-E-B Tube Meat for TICC. Last day to order will be Monday Oct. 26th. I will bring it to you at TICC. Please call me @ 254-855-4733 or email me @ dangergail@aol.com.


Have a safe trip


From Stephanie Parsons:
Ladies
Please find attached, information on the Tequila Rose recipe contest. If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or Carol Knight (knight_cj@hotmail.com)


I look forward to seeing you all next month in Terlingua. Thank you for supporting Tequila Rose; myself and McCormick appreciates your love and devotion to the brand.


From Pam Clark:
Just an update on the Apple Valley cookoff Saturday Oct 10. Sadly, we had only six cooks and so it turned into an 'open.' It's a shame, really, because the event was very well organized, and the museum staff and volunteers were all enthusiastic and helpful. Also, the trophies were fabulous -- beautiful, handmade pottery items  However, everyone seemed to have a great time and they have already decided to try again, so I'll keep working with them.









From Donna Conrad:


ATTENTION ALL CHILI COOKS, We have a few more spots to fill at the Gate for TICC.


Wed. Nov. 4th-- 7:00 PM To 12 Midnight


Thursday Nov. 5th ---- 9:00 AM To 10:00 AM & 7:00 PM To 12 Midnight


Friday Nov. 6th --- 1:00 PM To 5:00 PM & 10:00 PM To 12 Midnight


Please step up and give us a hand. Call Dianne @ 254-855-2767 or email @ winkintexas@aol.com


Donna @ 254-855-4733 or dangergail@aol.com


Thank you all and we'll see you at TICC. Have a safe trip